Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tax Time Accounting



While my accountant does a fine job on my taxes he is not knowledgeable about all my various online income streams. I on the other hand know very little about accounting. So each year I fill in the list below to give to him (most numbers are just pulled from Go Daddy, Inventory Lab, etc). I also give him the printouts from all the inventory & accounting programs but I like to attach the list below as well. I often miss something here or there and he asks me for it, but this at least keeps me organized and on track. However, please consult your own accountant.

IRA Roth Fund/Retirement/Savings Contributions
Health Insurance Premiums
Mortgage Payments 
Mortgage Interest 
Total Utilities (Gas + Electric + Trash Disposal, etc) - a % is deducted for a Home Office
Car Payment on Business 
Total Business Mileage Driven (apparently you can either deduct mileage OR something to do with your vehicle depreciation, payments, repairs, etc. I give him all the numbers and he chooses the largest of the 2 deductions as I'm told you can only take one)
Home Office Deductions – Total square footage is given - 15% is claimed for home Business
Home Updates Affecting Home Office (including those to make the home more energy efficient)
Charitable Donations

Other Expenses and/or deductions

Smart Phone
Internet 
Paypal Fees 
Etsy Fees 
Bonanza Fees
Amazon Fees 
Ebay Fees 
Shipping Fees (including prep service fees)
Supplies/Office/Equipment 
Office Expenses (Business Courses, Software, VA Expenses, Subscriptions) 
Business Credit Card Interest 
Customer Returns 
Business Insurance 
Meals & Entertainment 
Vehicle Maintenance 
Sales Taxes Paid 
State & Federal Taxes Paid 
Accountant Fees
Cost of Goods Sold 

Gross Income:

Amazon Sales
Ebay Sales
Bonanza Sales
Etsy Sales
Book Royalties
EPS Proceeds
Merch by Amazon Proceeds
Affiliate Marketing Proceeds
Sales Tax Refunds
Cashback Sites Checks

Value of Inventory Still in my Possession

No comments:

Post a Comment